You can be your own prophet and predict what you want your life and future to be. It is a duty you owe yourself. Giving flimsy excuses about your under-achievement will not bring you solace. There is one vital step you must take.
It is the ultimate step to your good life. It is a responsibility you owe yourself, your family, your community and your country. You need to develop the hidden potential in you and unleash your creative mind so the world can celebrate you one day.
What do you want for your life? I believe you want to feel important and be so treated. You certainly want to be an influential personality whose positive influence will transform the lives of others.
Here is the hall mark of self-determination. Most highly successful and effective people have used it as the insider magic key to success.
You’ve got to set the terms so that life can pay you what you want. How? I’ll show you in 40 steps.
40 Steps To Freedom And Self Determination
(1) Exercise great control over your mind-develop a positive mental attitude
(2) Recognize the seed of equivalent benefit in every adversity, sorrow or defeat that come your way in life whether or not you caused it to happen
(3) Never allow your past to haunt you. Reject any influence which encourage negative mental attitude
(4) What do you want most in life? Define it. Go after it. Also help others to acquire similar benefits
(5) Get someone who you consider to be the finest person in the whole world in your own opinion and pattern your life after him/her in every possible way
(6) Outline the resources you need. Go ahead to acquire it. Think Big but Never be Greedy
(7) Make it a habit to make somebody feel better everyday. Show a little bit of kindness; show a little bit of love
(8) Understand with great certainty that what makes you fail is not your situation or circumstance but your attitude and how you think about it
(9) Never at anytime allow your mind to brood. Identify what you like best to do-may be a hobby and do it passionately as a labour of love even without any hope of immediate reward or benefit
(10) Understand vividly that solution to your own problem can be found by solving other people’s problems. Make the law of compensation work magic for you
(11) Never trade your sound mind for anything in the world for it is your greatest asset
(12) Determine to be the boss over your habits. Shun all evil vices and attain self-mastery with discipline at all times
(13) No one can make you angry or hurt without your cooperation. Give no chance to anyone who attempts to exert destructive influence on you
(14) Know definitely for sure that your saddest experience in life could be your greatest asset if you think positively about it
(15) Work harder on yourself but little on others. You can only change the world by becoming a better you
(16) Concentrate your effort on the vital-few things that gives you more results and pay little attention to the trivial-many that add little results to your life
(17) Be grateful to God daily for what you have while setting your mind constantly on your desires
(18) Make certain that you demand and receive dividends from life everyday. All things are already yours. You have not gotten them because you have refused to ask for it
(19) Keeping up with the Joneses is dangerous. Steer clear of such bad habit
(20) Beware of fools and evil counselors who may wish to misguide you
(21) Understand that power does not derive from material possessions. A man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possession. You can be rich and still remain unhappy and unfulfilled
(22) Work hard to keep your body in shape and maintain your physical and mental fitness
(23) Be tolerant of others. Make this a major life principle toward all people and subjects without respect for creed or colour
(24) Learn to like people as they are. Never attempt to make them what you want
(25) Let love lift you. It is the unfailing medicine for the body and soul
(26) Remember to reciprocate all good deed in equal or greater value
(27) Don’t allow the fear of old age to terrify you. The older you grow, the wiser you become
(28) Know surely that solution exist for all your problems though it may not come as you want it
(29) Let nothing limit you. Your disadvantage could be overcome. Remember that Thomas Edison had just 3 months of schooling, yet he became the greatest inventor of all ages. What about Helen Keller? She was without sight, hearing or speech but she inspired many to self discovery and success
(30) Never react negatively to friendly criticism. Use it instead to learn how others see you and take step to improve on yourself
(31) Associate always with people of like minds. Make certain to benefit maximally from other people’s knowledge and experience
(32) Fuel your desire constantly with a positive mental attitude and stay motivated
(33) Mind your business everyday. You gain nothing by gossiping or tearing apart other people’s reputation
(34) Your mind is your destiny molder. Discipline it to make life pay off for you
(35) Never pretend to be what you are not. Be yourself at all times. People will be able to trust you that way
(36) Control your tongue to say exactly what you want from your heart. Be sincere
(37) Recognize the supremacy of God in all your life’s endeavour. He is the giver of life and every good gift
(38) Believe that you can be free and self-determining. It is a magic key that open several doors.
(39) Have confidence in your associates. If you find it difficult to do, go ahead to make new friends you can trust
(40) Let the love Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom
You’ve got it all now. The complete package to make life pay off at your own terms. Good luck.